THE DISTANCE EDUCATION PROCESS
Live Lesson Module
• Learning Performance Development Studies module, which includes activities of thought-provoking, reinforcing and questioning qualities that will support student development and further develop learning capacity in different cognitive areas based on PASS such as attention, sequencing, reasoning, creativity, have been created at every grade level.
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE IN THE DISTANCE EDUCATION PROCESS
TSEV Distance Education Program is put into practice in cases such as epidemics and natural disasters.
This program is designed on a mixed model.
• Simultaneous (synchronous) model is the model in which the teacher and the learners are present at the same time and the lessons take place in virtual classroom environments.
• Separate time (asynchronous) model, various teaching materials such as content, video and audio files are presented for learners. The learner performs the learning activity individually at their own pace whenever they want.
• Mixed model, on the other hand, is a model in which simultaneous and separate time models are applied within the same training program.
• During the distance education process, our lessons are applied using a simultaneous (synchronous) model.
THE ENGLISH PROGRAM IN DISTANCE EDUCATION
During the distance education process, the whole English program was conducted with synchronous lessons. A wide variety of Digital Learning Tools are used, such as Quizlet, Wordwall, Edpuzzle, Kahoot, Quizizz, Prezi, Flipgrid, Twinkle, and Maple Leaf Learning. The RAZ-Kidz digital reading portal, which contains more than 3000 electronic books, is actively used in our lessons. In addition, our students have started to use OKUVARYUM, which is the Audio Turkish Book Platform, starting from the semester holiday this year. It offers an average of 70 Turkish digital books at each grade level. The teachers will be able to follow their students through the assigned classes in their own accounts and control which student has read which book and how many pages. Like other lessons, English homework is shared through ConnectED TSEV.